Changes and Releases
Updates on Giant Swarm workload cluster releases, apps, UI improvements and documentation changes.
- Set minAllowed cpu to 200m for kube-state-metrics VPA CR to avoid CPU throttling on big clusters.
Highlights for the week ending May 18 2023
- All management-cluster Flux installations (
flux-giantswarm) have been upgraded to Flux v0.41.2.
- All management-cluster External Secret installations have been upgraded to External Secrets [0.8.1](https://github.com/external-secretsNew /external-secrets/releases/tag/v0.8.1)
- Crossplane has been upgraded to version v2.2.0 for management clusters which support it.
- crossplane version v2.2.0 upgrades crossplane to version v1.11.3 This is a scoped patch release to better support composition functions
- external-secrets version v0.5.0 upgrades External Secrets operator to version v0.8.1 introduces a new generator for Vault dynamic secrets and allows for the inclusion of metadataPolicy Fetch for supported backend providers
- flux-app version v0.23.1 upgrades to support Flux toolkit v0.41.2 introduces flux events command to display events for flux resources, improves memory consumption for Helm controller with up to 50% observed reduction and now includes an opt-in OOM watcher allowing for more graceful termination within helm controller.
- kyverno-app version v0.14.5 introduces a new Job for ensuring Kyverno webhooks are properly deleted when uninstalling the App and replaces a deprecated label.
- security-bundle version 0.14.3 (and 0.14.2) includes the Kyverno release from this announcement as well as an update to the Trivy app which makes its VPA behavior configurable.
- Use non-exp apiVersion for azure machine pool types in