Last modified September 29, 2021
gsctl show release
gsctl and the REST API are being phased out. We don't have an end-of-life date yet. However, we recommend to familiarize yourself with our Management API and the kubectl gs plugin as a future-proof replacement.
gsctl show release command displays details of a workload cluster release.
gsctl show release 11.5.1
Example output for workload cluster release v11.5.1 for AWS:
--- Version: 11.5.1 Created: 2020 Aug 04, 12:34 UTC Active: true Components: app-operator: 1.0.0 aws-cni: 1.6.0 aws-operator: 8.7.5 calico: 3.15.1 cert-operator: 0.1.0 cluster-operator: 2.3.2 containerlinux: 2512.2.1 etcd: 3.4.9 kubernetes: 1.16.13 cert-exporter: 1.2.3 cert-manager: 0.9.0 chart-operator: 0.12.4 cluster-autoscaler: 1.16.5 coredns: 1.6.5 external-dns: 0.7.2 kiam: 3.5.0 kube-state-metrics: 1.9.5 metrics-server: 0.3.3 net-exporter: 1.9.0 node-exporter: 0.18.1 Changelog: See release notes: https://github.com/giantswarm/releases/tree/master/aws/v11.5.1
The output lines in detail:
- Version: version of this workload cluster release.
- Created: date and time of workload cluster release creation.
- Active: wether this release is active or deprecated. Creating clusters with deprecated workload cluster releases is not recommended.
- Components: included component versions in this release.
- Changelog: link to release notes for this workload cluster release.